Tampa, FL – (February 25, 2019) – Amscot Financial, a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, recently awarded mini-grants of $250 to $3,500 to support 13 different non-profit service organizations located in the Florida communities where the company serves several million consumers.
“It’s up to businesses like ours to support non-profit service organizations. They can’t do it alone nor should they,” says Ian MacKechnie, Founder and CEO of Amscot Financial. “If we can play a small part we’re glad to.”
Mini-grants went to the following organizations:
- Best Buddies International, Tampa. They are dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, leadership development, and inclusive living for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). For more information, please visit: www.bestbuddies.org
- Brittany’s Wish Inc., Cocoa. They provide financial support and other acts of kindness to families in Central Florida with children (ages from infant to 19) receiving treatment for all types of leukemia. For more information, please visit: www.brittanyswish.org
- Children in Action/Niños En Accion, Miami. They are dedicated to serving children locally and abroad. They strive in helping one child at a time by giving them the much needed services one-on-one. For more information, please visit: www.ninosenaccion.org
- Early Learning Coalition of Orange County, Orlando. They provide unified leadership support and guidance to ensure that the children of the community have the opportunity to reap the benefits of developmentally appropriate, research-based school readiness and VPK programs. For more information, please visit: www.elcoforangecounty.org
- Educational Foundation of Lake County Inc., Leesburg. They are a direct support organization for Lake County Public Schools. Their mission is to serve as the connection between the community and public education, evaluating needs and securing resources to enhance the quality of education. For more information, please visit: www.edfoundationlake.com
- Florence Villa Community Development Corporation, Winter Haven. Their mission is to create and maximize opportunities that raise the economic, educational, housing, cultural, and health standards of the residents of Winter Haven Community. They also provide a variety of programs ranging from business development, secondary educational programs, tutoring and mentoring for FCAT, etc.
- Greater Caribbean American Cultural Coalition, Lauderhill. They are an organization serving the Caribbean people and other members of the community by enriching the cultural environment of the residents of Broward County, fostering multicultural understanding through an appreciation of Caribbean cultures. For more information, please visit: www.gcaccoalition.com
- Kids With A Call, Tampa. They are an educational summer program that stimulates the minds of 30 students aged five to 15 in the Tampa Bay area, in enrichment activities in whole language literacy, nutrition, bible, music, chorus, art, field trips and martial arts. For more information, please visit: www.kidswithacall.com
- Kidventions STEM Academy Inc., St. Petersburg. They seek to serve those underserved and impoverished students from south St. Petersburg who attend one of the designated/targeted Transformation Zone schools. Additionally, KSA is partnering with community entities to provide workshops on digital literacy, and social emotional learning as well as health screenings and counseling for the entire family. For more information, please visit: www.kidventions.org
- MADD, Tampa. Their mission is to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes, and prevent underage drinking. For more information, please visit: www.walklikemadd.org/tampa
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Florida, Fort Lauderdale. Wishes make life better for kids with critical illnesses. They began with one boy’s wish to have a computer to an organization that now grants a wish every 14 hours. For more information, please visit: www.sfla.wish.org
- Tampa Bay Black Heritage Festival, Tampa. This is one of the largest annual cultural and art festivals in the Tampa Bay area. The festival brings together the past and present generations, offering the community a unique blend of Africa and African American art through educational seminars, live entertainment, commerce, community, arts and crafts and sociocultural events. For more information, please visit: www.tampablackheritage.org
- Trayvon Martin Foundation, Miami. They provide both emotional and financial support to families who have lost a child to gun violence. Their goal is to shift the conversation from intervention to reform. Their programs strengthen families through leadership, support, guidance, and counseling. The Foundation is supported by a network of individuals and companies who share a unified vision of a world free of senseless killings. Their core mission is to gain fellowship toward personal restoration and ultimately, community building. For more information, please visit: www.trayvonmartinfoundation.org
Amscot is Florida’s leading non-bank financial services company. Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., Amscot Financial provides convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, including cash advances, check cashing, bill payment, money transfers, prepaid access cards and money orders. Amscot Financial currently operates 236 retail financial service centers throughout Florida and employs close to 2,000 associates. Amscot Financial has been recognized by the Tampa Bay Business Journal as one of Tampa Bay’s Best Places to Work for five years (2008-2012) & was recently named as one of Americas’ Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.