It’s true. Blue & Yellow make Green.
At Amscot, we take our part in protecting the environment seriously. From recycling materials to making earth-friendly choices, we’re out to set an example of what a company can do in its everyday operations to be Green. See? Yellow and Blue aren’t our only company colors.
Here are a few interesting Fast Facts:
- Amscot recycles fluorescent light bulbs to keep harmful mercury contamination out of inappropriate waste disposal streams. In the last 12 months we have sent 13,692 linear feet – or 2.59 miles - of florescent tubes for recycle.
- Over 100 tons of paper was sent out for recycling.
- Worn out carpet is returned to the distributor for recycling.
- From April 30, 2014 through April 30, 2015, $173,290 in office supplies were made from recycled material.
- Because of Amscot’s recycling efforts nearly 2,000 trees, over 40,000 gallons of oil, and 747,460 gallons of water were conserved in 2014.