It's true. Blue & Yellow make Green.
At Amscot, we take our part in protecting the environment seriously. From recycling materials to making earth-friendly choices, we're out to set an example of what a company can do in its everyday operations to be Green. See? Yellow and Blue aren't our only company colors.
Amscot’s Annual Recycling & Conservation Facts:
- Amscot recycles fluorescent light bulbs to keep harmful mercury contamination out of inappropriate waste disposal streams. In the last 12 months we have sent 21,640 linear feet – or 4.09 miles - of florescent tubes for recycle. (All new Amscot branches are now built using LED lights and durable surfaces that reduce the need for replacement and repainting.)
- Over 154 tons of paper was sent out for recycling.
- Worn out carpet is returned to the distributor for recycling.
- 15,472 cubic yards of landfill space was conserved, over the past year, due to Amscot’s recycling initiatives.
- Because of Amscot’s recycling efforts 2,630 trees, 58,794 gallons of oil, 742,661- kilowatt energy hours and 1,083,047 gallons of water were conserved in the last 12 months.