Tampa, FL – (June 11, 2020)
This is who we are…
Amscot is proud to be a majority-minority company. Of Amscot’s nearly 2,000 associates, 73% are minorities and 68% include women. We hire from within the communities that we serve, and we prioritize promotions from within our company.
Our leadership team…
73% of our leadership team includes minorities and 74% are women.
Supporting our communities…
The following is a partial list of non-profits serving African American and Hispanic communities that Amscot supports. Amscot’s support includes a $500,000 commitment to the National Urban League from Amscot’s founder Ian MacKechnie, made in 2019.
- 100 Black Men
- 5000 Role Models
- Black History Committee
- Broward Urban League
- Central Florida Urban League
- Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Hillsborough Alliance of Black School Educators
- Jacksonville Urban League
- Labor Council for Latin American Advancement
- National Association of Black Journalists
- National Council on Black American Affairs
- National Urban League
- Pinellas Urban League
- Take Stock in Children (scholarships)
- Trayvon Martin Foundation
- University Area Community Development Corporation (Tampa)
“Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be.”
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., 1965
“Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.”
- Ben Franklin, 1750
Amscot is Florida’s leading non-bank financial services company. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, Amscot Financial provides convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, including cash advances, check cashing, bill payment, money transfers, prepaid access cards and money orders. Amscot Financial currently operates 237 retail financial service centers throughout the state and employs close to 2,000 associates. Amscot Financial has been recognized by the Tampa Bay Business Journal as one of Tampa Bay’s Best Places to Work for five years (2008-2012) and was recently named one of Americas’ Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.