Tampa, FL – (December 4, 2017) – Amscot Financial, a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, recently awarded mini-grants of $100 to $2,000 in support of 8 different non-profit service organizations located in the Florida communities where the company serves several million consumers.
"We want to make a positive impact on the communities we serve and partnering with key organizations helps us to achieve that." says Ian MacKechnie, Founder and CEO of Amscot Financial.
Mini-grants went to the following organizations:
- Disston Academy 5000 Role Model, Gulfport. This program matches young men with mentors to offer guidance, academic support, and positive reinforcement. Mentors meet with students on a regular basis to foster positive male to male relationships. For more information, please visit: www.pcsb.org/disston
- Early Learning Coalition of Manatee County, Inc., Palmetto. On December 14ththey hope to treat close to 700 children, ages three to five, from low-income families to a live stage performance at the Manatee Performing Arts Center called Fairy Tale Follies. Most of these children have never been in a theater or seen a live stage performance. For these little ones, attending this play is a once in a lifetime experience. Each child will also receive the gift of a book in a special backpack to take home. For more information, please visit: www.elc-manatee.org
- Improvement League of Plant City, Plant City. They are working with the Plant City Economic Development Corporation, employers, and Plant City High School to develop a career academy concept to prepare students graduating from high school to be immediately employed into the workforce. They also continue to operate the Forensic Science Class with the goal of having at least five students obtain collegiate and/or professional certifications so CSI students can be hired as crime lab interns. For more information, please visit: www.improvementleague.com
- Lake Eustis Museum of Art, Eustis. KidzArt is a twice a week low cost children's art class provided to children in Lake County, FL. Their goal for the end of this year to keep their KidzArt room open to the public during all museum hours, offering children the opportunity to come and create with some self guided art lessons available. For more information, please visit: www.lakeeustismuseumofart.org
- The Lakeland Police Department, Lakeland. The Cops for Kids Christmas Program was developed to serve the low income and at risk children that reside in Lakeland, FL. The program will be providing clothing and education needs and also provides assistance toward their health and wellness. The Lakeland Police Department will host an annual event in December and invite families of the chosen recipients where they will be provided with a nutritious meal and care packages. For more information, please visit: www.lakelandgov.net/lpd
- Legal Aid Society Seminole County, Longwood. For 42 years their office has been able to help Seminole’s County’s most vulnerable residents – the elderly, the disabled, and the abused with their legal needs. For more information, please visit: www.scbalas.com
- Life Concepts dba Quest, Inc., Orlando. Quest Kids programming specializes in helping children with disabilities ranging from 15 months old to 18 years of age. About 46% of the children in Quest Kids programs are on the autism spectrum, while the remaining 54% have Cerebral Palsy, Down syndrome, pervasive development disorders, developmental delays, intellectual disabilities, and other learning and behavior concerns. For more information, please visit: www.questinc.org
- WorkNet Pinellas, Inc. dba Science Center, St. Petersburg. Each year, the Science Center offers fall, winter, spring and summer camp programming focused on STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics specifically geared to children, kindergarten through middle school. The program encourages students’ interest by offering fun, exciting, age-appropriate, hands-on activities. For more information, please visit: www.sciencecenterofpinellas.org
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., Amscot Financial is a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, including cash advances, check cashing, bill payment, money transfers, prepaid access cards and money orders. Amscot Financial currently operates 237 retail financial service centers throughout Florida and employs close to 2,000 associates. Amscot Financial has been recognized by the Tampa Bay Business Journal as one of Tampa Bay’s Best Places to Work for five years (2008-2012) & was recently named as one of Americas’ Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.