Tampa, FL – (February 16, 2016) – Amscot Financial, a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, recently awarded mini-grants of $250 to $2,500 in support of 9 different non-profit service organizations located in the Florida communities where the company serves several million consumers.
"We want to make a positive impact on the communities we serve and partnering with key organizations helps us to achieve that." says Ian MacKechnie, Founder and CEO of Amscot Financial.
Mini-grants went to the following organizations:
- Bay Area Youth Services, Inc., Tampa. Bay Area Youth was developed with the objective of improving the quality of life and increasing the potential of Florida’s youth. Since that time, BAYS has provided high quality and professional youth and family services throughout the State of Florida and currently serves over 4,000 children and families in 17 of 20 judicial circuits annually. Providing a variety of delinquency prevention, diversion, and intervention services. For more information, please visit: www.baysflorida.org
- Boys & Girls Club of Highlands County, Sebring. Their after school educational program focuses on academics, smart life decisions and healthy choices for your mind and body. For more information, please visit: www.highlandsbgc.org
- Citizens Alliance for Progress, Inc., Tarpon Springs. Their mission is to deliver community-based services and partner with other service providers to empower and support individuals and families to foster their personal growth and development. For more information, please visit: www.citizensallianceforprogress.org
- Early Learning Coalition of Pasco and Hernando Counties, Spring Hill. Storybook Forest has become one of the largest family fun events in Tampa. The event emphasizes the importance of reading with dozens of local early learning centers participating and inspiring children with stories as well as various arts n crafts projects. For more information, please visit: www.phelc.org
- Florence Villa Community Development Corporation, Winter Haven. Their mission is to create and maximize opportunities that raise the economic, educational, housing, cultural and health standards of the residents of the Winter Haven community. For more information, please visit: http://www.guidestar.org/profile/59-3378972
- Focus Academy, Temple Terrace. Focus Academy is a charter high school that serves students with diagnoses of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down's Syndrome, Intellectually Disabled, and Specific Learning Disorder. Students can stay from ages 14 to 22 years, learning life skills as well as job training based on individual talents and interests. For more information, please visit: www.focusacademytampa.org
- Inspire Foundation, Inc., Lutz. They provide opportunities for children to participate in music and art programs and give young adults the knowledge and experience necessary for a future in the arts. The Inspire Initiative is an ongoing program that provides music and art classes for 125 home schooled children with special needs. For more information, please visit: www.theinspirefoundationfl.org
- Koss Music and Cultural Arts Institute, Land O Lakes. Their mission is to provide free music education to low income and at-risk youth. The program allows youth to receive 30 minutes of individualized weekly music instruction. The purpose of the program is to provide opportunities for cultural enrichment through music to those youth who otherwise would not be able to afford private music education. For more information, please visit: www.kosskidsmakemusic.com
- Sarasota Manatee Association for Riding Therapy, Inc. (SMART), Bradenton. They work to enrich the lives of people with special needs through therapeutic horse-related programs. Individuals 5 years old and above who have any type of physical, emotional or cognitive disability are eligible to participate in their riding, driving and equine assisted activities programs. For more information, please visit: www.smartriders.org
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., Amscot Financial is a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, including cash advances, check cashing, bill payment, money transfers, prepaid access cards and money orders. Amscot Financial currently operates 239 retail financial service centers throughout Florida and employs close to 2,000 associates. Amscot Financial has been recognized by the Tampa Bay Business Journal as one of Tampa Bay’s Best Places to Work for five years (2008-2012).