Tampa, FL – (February 1, 2017) – Amscot Financial, a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, recently awarded mini-grants of $250 to $2,000 in support of 11 different non-profit service organizations located in the Florida communities where the company serves several million consumers.
“Helping others is important to all of us at Amscot, that’s why we continue to partner with those organizations who work hard to make a difference in the lives of those who need it most,” said Ian MacKechnie, Founder and CEO of Amscot Financial.
Mini-grants went to the following organizations:
- 5000 Role Models of Excellence Project, Miami. Their mission is to give minority boys hope, as well as the vision of greatness to emulate in their everyday lives. For more information, please visit: www.5000rolemodels.com
- Barrington Middle School FFA, Lithia. The Future Farmers of America State Association makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. For more information, please visit: www.barrington.mysdhc.org
- City Year, Inc., Orlando & Miami. They believe that by working together with others—teachers, administrators, parents, policymakers, and partners will ensure that every student has the opportunity to receive quality education and build academic and life skills that can help better their future. For more information, please visit: www.cityyear.org
- Maynard Evans High School, Orlando. This grant is to support the basketball program that will assist students of low income to participate in the program which allows boys to play competitively and promotes sportsmanship. For more information, please visit: www.ocps.net/lc/north/hev/Pages/default.aspx
- Plant City Black Heritage Celebration, Plant City. The purpose of the Plant City Black Heritage Celebration, Inc. is to offer the community of Plant City a unique blend of African and African American Art, culture history, celebrate those who have and are carrying the torch passed on to us down the years by heroes in the search for equality and justice. It exists to support the culturally rich and diverse Plant City community by ensuring all events are inclusive of its entire people. For more information, please visit: www.celebration2.homestead.com
- Sarasota Manatee Association for Riding Therapy, Bradenton. They strive to improve the quality of the lives of their SMART riders and their families through therapeutic horseback riding, carriage driving and equine assisted activities. Through respectful partnerships with their horses, they create an environment that promotes a life of inclusion, respect, growth and independence. For more information, please visit: www.smartriders.org
- Sarasota MLK Celebration Committee, Sarasota. From January 13-16 Sarasota held their 36th annual tribute to the life and vision of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. with a series of memorial, community service and educational activities that engaged citizens across Sarasota’s diverse neighborhood boarders. For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Starting Right, Now, Tampa. Serving homeless unaccompanied youths attending high school in Hillsborough County and soon in Pinellas County. SRN engages a comprehensive, continuum-of-care program to end the generation cycle of homelessness and poverty. For more information, please visit: www.startingrightnow.org
- The State College of Florida Manatee-Sarasota Foundation, Sarasota. Committed to supporting traditional, nontraditional and underprepared students to gain college educations. SFC has graduated 47,000 + students, many of them now successful business or employees working within the community. For more information, please visit: www.scf-foundation.org
- Tampa Bay Black Heritage Festival, Tampa. The Tampa Bay Black Heritage Festival offers the community of Tampa Bay a unique blend of African and African American art, culture and history, therefore serving as a conduit for promoting and perpetuating the art, culture and history of African Americans and African people for the benefit of all Tampa Bay residents and tourists to the Tampa Bay area. It exists to support the culturally rich and diverse Tampa Bay community by ensuring all events are inclusive of the entire community. For more information, please visit: www.tampablackheritage.org
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9272, Seminole. They have multiple programs benefiting veterans in and out of VA Health Care, local Air force base families, and National Guard families in need. For more information, please visit: www.vfwpost9272.org
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., Amscot Financial is a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, including cash advances, check cashing, bill payment, money transfers, prepaid access cards and money orders. Amscot Financial currently operates 238 retail financial service centers throughout Florida and employs close to 2,000 associates. Amscot Financial has been recognized by the Tampa Bay Business Journal as one of Tampa Bay’s Best Places to Work for five years (2008-2012).