Tampa, FL – (February 21, 2018) – Amscot Financial, a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, recently awarded mini-grants of $100 to $2,000 in support of 10 different non-profit service organizations located in the Florida communities where the company serves several million consumers.
“At Amscot, we want to be more than just a good business. We want to be a neighbor that stays involved in the community,” says Ian MacKechnie, Founder and CEO of Amscot Financial. “Helping local organizations is a good way to do that.”
Mini-grants went to the following organizations:
- Campbell Middle School, Daytona Beach. Throughout the year, their students have received several honors & awards for outstanding placements in academics and performing arts competitions. As a way to positively reinforce the great work that their students have accomplished, the school is hosting a fun filled event for them on March 8th, 2018. For more information, please visit: www.myvolusiaschools.org/school/Campbell
- Children’s Home Society of Florida, Orlando. Joshua House, a program of Children's Home Society, is a safe haven for abused, abandoned, and neglected children. Their therapeutic residential group care program provides a protected, nurturing, family-like environment for children ages 6-17. These children have been removed from their homes due to crisis and many have been through multiple foster homes. For more information, please visit: www.chsfl.org
- Community World Mission for God’s Family, Inc., Miami Gardens. They hosted the 10th Annual Caribbean week in Tallahassee from January 31,2018 – February 2,2018 to raise money for high school and college student scholarships. For more information, please visit: www.cwmfgf.org
- Feeding Children Everywhere, Longwood. Their mission is to activate people for a hunger-free world. They are committed to sustainability, providing healthy meals to those in need, and making contribution truly matter. For more information, please visit: www.feedingchildreneverywhere.com
- Homeless Helping Homeless, Inc., Tampa. Their mission is to provide emergency shelter to the homeless, who do not have money, job or meet the criteria for public assistance. For more information, please visit: www.homelesshh.org
- Impact Academy, Seffner. They are a private non for profit school for children ages 5-22 with special needs. They emphasize functional skills and socialization; these are sometimes the areas that special needs children lack skills. For more information, please visit: www.impactacademyschool.org
- The Life Center of Hernando County, Brooksville. Serving young moms at risk of homelessness who are pregnant or who have preschool aged children. The Life Center is a long term transitional housing facility that includes shelter, life skills, some transportation and some food. For more information, please visit: www.LifeCenterofHernando.com
- Plant City Black Heritage Celebration Inc., Plant City. The Plant City Black Heritage Celebration, Inc. offers Plant City and its surrounding communities with a unique blend of African-American art, culture and history. For more information, please visit: www.celebration2.homestead.com
- United Way of Citrus County, Crystal River. The United Way of Citrus County’s proposed project will provide rental assistance and case management throughout Citrus County for families and/or individuals who are homeless or at risk of being homeless with Rapid Rehousing services. For more information, please visit: www.citrusunitedway.org
- Wheelchairs 4 Kids, Tarpon Springs. Wheelchairs 4 Kids is dedicated to improving the lives of children with physical disabilities. They provide wheelchairs, home and vehicle modifications as well as other assistive and therapeutic equipment for children with physical disabilities that stem from illness, accident or abuse. For more information, please visit: www.wheelchairs4kids.org
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., Amscot Financial is a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, including cash advances, check cashing, bill payment, money transfers, prepaid access cards and money orders. Amscot Financial currently operates 237 retail financial service centers throughout Florida and employs close to 2,000 associates. Amscot Financial has been recognized by the Tampa Bay Business Journal as one of Tampa Bay’s Best Places to Work for five years (2008-2012) & was recently named as one of Americas’ Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.