Tampa, FL – (January 17, 2018) – Amscot Financial, a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, recently awarded mini-grants of $100 to $5,000 in support of 8 different non-profit service organizations located in the Florida communities where the company serves several million consumers.
“Helping others is important to all of us at Amscot, that’s why we continue to partner with those organizations who work hard to make a difference in the lives of those who need it most,” said Ian MacKechnie, Founder and CEO of Amscot Financial.
Mini-grants went to the following organizations:
- 5000 Role Models of Excellence Project, Inc., Miami. They help boost the self-image, social skills and academic performance of selected young minority boys and men, in part, by motivating them to interact with successful men in the community. For more information, please visit: www.5000rolemodels.com
- The Arc Sunrise of Central Florida, Leesburg. Their mission is to improve the quality of life for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. They advocate for local chapters, public policies, and high quality supports for people with developmental and other disabilities to be fully included in all aspects of their community. For more information, please visit: www.sunrisearc.org
- Artz 4Life Academy, Clearwater. Their mission is to reinforce resilience to life’s challenges by enhancing education, promoting diversity and developing life skills through cultural and performing arts for youth, adults and families. For more information, please visit: www.artz4life.org
- Black History Committee of Orange County, Orlando. In conjunction with corporate sponsorships, governmental partners and various other entities and companies throughout America, they are committed to improving dialogues as it pertains to the contributions that African- Americans have made to society. They are also committed to improving the literacy in the community by donating funds to students who wish to continue their education. For more information, please visit: www.bhcoc.com
- Brittany’s Wish- Kidz Kicking Leukemia, Cocoa. They provide financial support and other acts of kindness to families in Central Florida with children receiving treatment for all types of leukemia. For more information, please visit: www.brittanyswish.org
- Citizens Alliance for Progress Inc., Tarpon Springs. They deliver community-based services and partner with other service providers to empower and support individuals and families to foster their personal growth. For more information, please visit: www.citizensallianceforprogress.org
- City of Tampa’s MLK Day Parade, Tampa. This program is designed to actively promote service to the community as a year-round activity in honor of the life and legacy of Dr. King. The Foundation’s goal is to match existing community service efforts undertaken by various social and service organizations in the Tampa Bay Area with the efforts of school age children, to not only strengthen the service efforts of these community organizations, but give the children an appreciation for service as a life-long activity undertaken by adults. By lifting up the children and organizations through education and service they honor Dr. King's memory and reaffirm common humanity. For more information, please visit: www.mlkjrparade.com
- National Council of Negro Women, Inc., St. Petersburg. They are a council of national African American women’s organizations and community-based sections. Founded in 1935, the NCNW mission is to lead, develop, and advocate for women of African descent as they support their families and communities. For more information, please visit: www.ncnwstpete.org
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., Amscot Financial is a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, including cash advances, check cashing, bill payment, money transfers, prepaid access cards and money orders. Amscot Financial currently operates 237 retail financial service centers throughout Florida and employs close to 2,000 associates. Amscot Financial has been recognized by the Tampa Bay Business Journal as one of Tampa Bay’s Best Places to Work for five years (2008-2012) & was recently named as one of Americas’ Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.